I see this confusion all the time! Wreath makers on Etsy using the wrong keywords to describe their products!
Not everything is farmhouse!!
If you use a keyword in your Etsy title and it’s not relevant to your product, it’s doing a disservice to your listing. Why? Etsy may show your item to a shopper using the keyword “farmhouse”, but the shopper won’t click through because the photo does not match the keywords.
Tips for Understanding the Various Styles for Wreath Making:
Bohemian (aka Boho)
- very trendy
- brides are using them to decorate their venues and as an alternative to bouquets
- mostly uses beige, browns, and tans paired with other muted colors
- full of texture and dried or preserved florals and almost always includes grasses such as pampas and can include wheat, foxtail, bleached eucalyptus, etc.
- contains elements found near the coastline such as seashells, driftwood, sand dollars, sail boats, mermaids, etc.
- colors in this wreath style are usually a shade or hue of blues and greens as well as tan to match the sandy beaches
- contains items found in the country such as sunflowers, fruits and vegetables, red trucks, roosters, cows, horses, chicken wire, barns, etc.
- colors often reflect the colors of sunsets, fields of blooming flowers, picnics, garden style, etc.
- on a downward trend
- wreaths for this style are mainly green and if color is used, it’s usually muted
- eucalyptus, white pumpkins ,and black and white buffalo check
- lodge style conjures up visions of a hunting cabin in the woods
- lots of texture with pine cones, moss covered orbs, bark, evergreens, magnolia leaves and wild game such as deer, pheasant, bears, duck, etc
- It can also include faux animal prints, feathers and antlers
- pip berries, pine cones, dried florals, cotton, chipped woods, wood slices, dried fruits, seeds, wood flowers, folk art, burlap, etc.
- feminine with torn fabric textures, lace and pearls, beads and gemstones
- feminine colors of pinks, whites, creams, golds, etc.
- use a compact style with minimal product
- hoop wreaths with eucalyptus, no ribbon or natural ribbon
- one or two flower types, wood beads, etc.
While some of the elements used to make wreaths can overlap; for example a hoop wreath can be boho and minimalist, pine cones can be in a rustic, country and lodge wreath, hopefully this style guide will help you better discern which style to list on Etsy.