How to Make Halloween Lantern Swags
I am so excited to share these fun Halloween Lantern Swags with you today!!! I used a color scheme of black and red instead of the traditional orange. Aren’t these neat? This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
How to Make Halloween Lantern Swags
In this video, I share easy to follow steps to enhance your lanterns for Halloween! If you have lanterns already you can obviously use those or purchase them from a place like Carolina Pottery.
Halloween Picks from Michaels
Faux Feathers or other type bush
Glittered Grass Bush from Michaels
hot glue gun
[Tweet “How to make Halloween Lantern Swags”]
How to make Halloween Lantern Swags:
- Start with forming the swag by layering flowers and pics. Then zip tie it when you are done to keep it together.
- If you have flowers or leaves that aren’t quite the right color, don’t be shy! Get the paint out and add a little black or another color of your choice to the edges to make it more Halloween-like.
- For your swag, leave about a hand width of room between the end of the bottom swag and the start of the top swag. This is where your funky bow will go.
- Be sure to fluff your stems and bring them to life. You don’t want them laying flat!
- Add some fun items like witch legs, spiders or pumpkins for additional character!
- Lanterns are available in so many different sizes. Decorate smaller one’s to use on the center of a table or each end of a mantel. You can also decorate two or more and use them on your porch or around your front door.
- Use multiple types of ribbon for your bow to add fun and interest.
- Do not burn a real candle inside your lanterns because the heat will escape the lantern onto the swag and create a fire hazard. These lanterns would be perfect for battery-operated candles! I love those and use them all the time. They even have them with remotes now!
- Does making a bow make you nervous? Watch the video to see step-by-step instructions. I promise, you can do it!
Ok, here we go, to the Facebook Live replay of the video….
I mention my Success Circle Membership group in this video and have been getting a lot of emails regarding it. If interested, you can find more information here: www.southerncharmwreaths.com/blog/business-training
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial! Make sure to comment below and tell me if you like it so that I know to keep making more tutorials like this. Don’t forget to share this with your friends!
Join my mailing list and/or follow me on Facebook where I’m LIVE most Thursdays if you want to join in on the conversation www.facebook.com/southerncharmwreaths.
As I mentioned in the video, you might also like the Silk Flower Fall Teardrop Swag I made. Check it out here – Fall Teardrop Swag.
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like:
Hobby Lobby Fall Haul 2016 & Sign Tips for Your Wreaths
How to Make a Fall Lantern Swag Video
Love your videos. Diana Shytles Corsicana, Texas.
Very informative, but it was hard to see exactly what you were doing. Wish the camera was closer.
Margie, thanks for your feedback!! Unfortunately, it’s just me setting up a camera and I have to move back far enough in order to get my table and upper body in the shot. I can only film Facebook Live vidoes from my mobile phone so it makes it tricky. If you want detailed instructions with a professional, close up filming, you can check out my downloadable videos for sale here: http://makewreaths.com/videos/products-videos/
As always you do an excellent job with your video “howtos”. In watching your latest swag examples I noticed you didn’t use the extra long ribbon to tie the swag on but strictly wire. Was this just a style variation or for some other purpose? Good luck with your peppermint themed lanterns. On some I would try to put elf legs since your witches legs were so cute on today’s example.
Also I thought you might want to share with your facebook friend using the bird cages that on several occasions I have used them as centerpieces with ivy and fresh flowers inside and cascading out from some.
Thank you again for all you do. Your video is a relaxing change post storm stress.
One more question. Do you know of a coop type of site that sells home based industry wares’ i.e. Wreaths,etc for the older generation not tech savvy or with limitations that prohibit setting up such sales based avenues?
Love your videos. Very helpful. Love the products you used and the colors. Thank you for taking the time to teach others and share your talent.
Thank you very much, Julie for taking the time to explain in baby steps for those of us who are beginners. You are such a Precious Lady, and so full of energy,. I would love to see more crafting ideas. Have a Great Week. Hope to see you next Thursday.
Love your videos. They are so informative. When I get discouraged I can pull up one of them and it helps so much. You are such an awesome lady who cares about us
Love your videos, you are so encouraging. I would love to join the circle.
Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge.
You can find more information on my Success Circle here: http://www.southerncharmwreaths.com/blog/success-circle
Hi Julie! I so enjoy watching you and your God given talent. You are amazing and I love your personality. You are helping so many of us who needs some direction. Thank you and I look forward to seeing more of your video’s. God Bless you, Kathy
I always like these lantern swags! Where do you get the lanterns wholesale?