10 Mistakes Etsy Sellers Make | Etsy Tips for Beginners
When I’m asked by other Etsy sellers to help them with their Etsy shop, I’m surprised to see so many making the exact same mistakes! In this video, Etsy tips for beginners and how to get around these top 10 mistakes Etsy sellers make. This post contains some affiliate links for your crafting convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Before I go over my top 10 mistakes Etsy seller make, I want you to know that I’ve been selling for almost 10 years. I struggled just like you did in the beginning thinking it was okay just to throw any picture up on Etsy and expect it to sell. However, after researching how to best sell on Etsy, I realized quickly it’s not as easy as you think and there is a formula to it. Also, not every Etsy shop is created equal and while I do have a lot of knowledge when it come to selling wreaths, remember to do the research for your own niche and maybe my video will help guide you.
Top 10 Mistakes Etsy Sellers Make | My Tips for Etsy Beginners
- Complete your entire Etsy shop when, including shop Policies.
- Make sure you have clickable and cohesive looking shop and product images.
- Use all or most of the Etsy shop photos.
- Do your keyword research. Keywords are the only way you can get found.
- Use keywords in your shop title, first paragraph of your shop description, product title, first paragraph of product description, and product tags.
- Not all of your keywords should have a lot of competition. You want to get seen, not lost in all of the noise.
- Put the most important keyword first in your title.
- Tap into buyers emotions in your descriptions and product descriptions should be approximately 300 words. Think how can I improve the life of my customer with this product.
- Once a day add products to your Etsy shop increasing daily to a minimum of 50 products in your shop.
- Make products where you can sell multiple quantities of the same thing. Etsy algorithm likes to see sales and then renewals.
Top 10 Mistakes Etsy Sellers Make | My Tips for Etsy Beginners video
I hope you found these Etsy tips for beginners useful. What tips do you have to share? What do you sell on Etsy? Feel free to post your Etsy shop below so that I can check it out!
If you’re ready to join the Etsy team to start selling your craft too, use my affiliate link HERE and receive 40 free listings.
If’ you need a more hands on approach and would like to know how to open an Etsy shop or how to make additional money with your creative business, join me in my Business Inner Circle here.
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like:
3 Signs You Might Be Ready for Creating a Membership in your Creative Business
How to Make Your Etsy Shop Photos Standout
Trying to use your tips with my shop.
Slowly but surely. Hoping to start adding once a day
Thanks for all of your advice, Julie! So helpful!
Great tips I just started my bow shop about 2 weeks ago http//:PSilovebows.etsy.com
My busy struggle is getting buyers outside my inner circle I know it just takes time but definitely a struggle
I am working on opening my Etsy store again. I had one about three years ago and closed it. I have a whole different outlook, so I am currently revamping my entire business. This year, I would like to have a better handle on inventory and bookkeeping for obvious reasons. Do you have any advice on this?
I teach this in my Success Circle group. I like Godaddy bookkeeping because it syncs with Etsy, Paypal and your biz checking account.
Thanks so much for this lesson. About to open my own Etsy shop. I know these tips will be useful.
Great info Julie! I’m very challenged when it comes to technology. Could you tell me how to link your Etsy page with your FB page. I’d like to have a shop now button as well. Thanks so much in advance!
Click to edit the button. Click on website and paste your shop link in and save it.
Where do you purchase your boxes from.
A local box manufacturer
I came across your video today after reading your tutorial. I’ve just spent most of my morning reading everything youv’e written and watching your videos. I’m so happy, now I feel like I have support and a friend. I was beginning to feel lost and thinking about giving up wreath making altogether. Your tips are so helpful and I’m going to stick it out. Thank you so much.
For you recommended a box supplier. I can’t find a place that has boxes for $1.00 they are from $3 to $5 .
Hey Diane – Julie provides shipping supplier information in her Big Book of Faux Floral Suppliers. You can learn more about her ebook here: https://southerncharmwreaths.com/faux-floral-suppliers/