First, let me say I’m not in any way condoning you lie to your husband! This is meant as a fun post, as a follow-up to the question I asked on my Facebook page, list your top ways to trick your husband into thinking you spend less on crafts
How to Trick Your Husband Into Thinking You Spend Less on Crafts
- Pay cash for items – I save up money and pay cash for all my supplies. He has no idea.
- If your hubs is not the cleaning type, store your craft stash in places like the laundry room or where you keep the cleaning supplies since he won’t go in there often.
- Make your craft runs during the football game or when he’s golfing.
- Tell him to go buy a new golf club, fishing, hunting, bowling, etc. He’s so focused on picking that out, that he pays no attention to the world around him.
- Tell him you purchased it last season.
- Always lead with how much I “saved”!
- Since he usually isn’t with you when shopping, use as many coupons as you can find and buy as much sale items as possible.
- Find a man with a more expensive hobby than you! “Mine hunts… I craft… we have no secrets!”
- Remind him your craft stash costs less than all the tools he buys. “How many screwdrivers do you really need?”
So be honest – do you have any tricks up your sleeve to fudge a little bit about how much you spend on crafts? Let me know in the comments. I thought it was interesting no one brought up shopping online! Of course if the packages arrive when your husband is home, that doesn’t work well. 😉
I would also love to know if you enjoyed this and don’t forget to join me on Facebook so you can watch me Live!
If you enjoy watching me and/or learning to make wreaths of various styles, join me in my Wreath Making of the Month Club.
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like: